- Courtney Malenius, of Brooklyn, New York, and seven of her neighbors attended the season 46 premiere of NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” last weekend.
- The group had to self-administer rapid COVID-19 tests, remain separated in pods, and wear masks.
- One public-health expert told Insider he would’ve attended the show given the safety precautions, while another said she wouldn’t feel comfortable being inside for that long, even with masks and pods.
- Following coronavirus guidelines that say TV programs can have live audiences consisting of employees, cast, and crew only, Malenius and her friends each got $150 for attending the taping.
- “I didn’t think we were being sneaky. Whether or not the show was, I don’t know,” Malenius said about the money.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Courtney Malenius and seven of her